An existing client recently reached out to us for help with their office relocation. This client was moving offices because they realized that they did not need a large office space anymore. What happened to make them come to this realization? The pandemic happened.
Like many other business owners, this client noticed that the number of people working out of the office everyday decreased as more people transitioned to working from home. This is actually something we have noticed more and more with businesses since the start of the pandemic. Fewer people are working in the office, and because of this, many businesses are moving to new office spaces.
This client found a location for their new office in Mississauga. The only problem with the new space was that it did not come with network cabling. Naturally, the client needed to ensure that their transition to the new office was smooth and uneventful. That is why they called our IT experts.
What We Did For The Client
Once the client got their new office, they gave us a call and asked us to coordinate their network cabling. They needed to be internet ready on Day 1 of them moving into the office.
This process required us to:
- Install a cable infrastructure, including data equipment, data centers, data racks, patch panels, etc.
- Troubleshoot issues with cable network or cabling system.
- Ensure all cables are neatly tied and bundled according to safety regulations.
- Perform preventive maintenance on cable systems by installing, repairing, programming, and removing redundant cabling.
- Test newly installed cables according to company specifications.
When we help clients set up the internet in their offices, we always recommend going with network cabling, as opposed to having everything connected to Wi-Fi. There are so many benefits to going with a wired network as opposed to a wireless network, including:
- Improved security – A wired connection is the most secure medium.
- Best signal quality – You don’t have to worry about interference from other wireless products.
- Better performance – Gives you full bandwidth so you can rely on better speeds, allowing you to be as productive as you can be without anything holding you back.
It really does not matter how many people you have in your company, whether 2 or 200 people, it is always best to go with wired connections. We have discovered over the years that many offices choose to rely solely on Wi-Fi. After we show clients how this approach is hampering their productivity, they always make the switch to wired connections.
Our team also helped the client relocate their voice over IP phone system (VoIP) to the new office. This was something they needed help with, so we decided to assist them with this.
We were able to set this client up in their new office over the course of one weekend. Thanks to our help, they were ready to hit the ground running on the first day of moving into their new office.
When business owners relocate to a new office and need to ensure they are internet ready, they know to call ITBizTek. Our IT experts have the knowledge and experience to set up businesses in their new office. If you need help with network cabling in your new office, we invite you to get in touch with us today at (416) 342-1568.